Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OB Update

Well, good news today from my OB, Dr. Christensen. We had our weekly checkup this morning and my blood pressure has gone down. I am praising the LORD for the way He has been taking care of myself and this baby. It was a good time for me to get some forced rest (not something I am very good at when I know there is work to be done), and has really been a reminder that I need to keep getting rest as I get the chance so that I can take care of this baby now and when s/he is born. We got to have an ultrasound today, which was wonderful. It wasn't scheduled, but our Doc couldn't quite tell if the baby was head down or breech. S/he is head down, thank the LORD, but it's face up. So if it doesn't turn between now and labor we could have some added pain in the equation, or need to have a c-section. She gave me some ideas that could help turn the baby over. I am trusting the LORD and asking Him to turn this baby, but there are certainly worse things than a face up baby. It was fun to see the baby so developed and made me even more "anxious" for this sweet little baby to come into our lives. The doc said I was only dialated to the size of the tip of her finger, so she thinks I have a while still. It's good that the Creator of the universe and the Giver of life is in control of when this baby arrives. Thanks again for all your prayers!

3 comments:

jamie said...

great stac! my sis delivered 2 babies face up (and big) :)
and a friend just told me a couple days ago that her babe was up and she labored on her side for a while and ella ended up turning! but like you said- again HE does have a plan.. gotta trust it. JOB 42.2

Unknown said...

Awe,how exciting!! Glad it went well and yes praise the Lord that the only possible problem is that the baby is face up!!! Hopefully this little will turn for us,praying for you!!!:)

STEPHANIE. said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is ok...and yes I know the extra labor pain of a baby whose head is not in the correct position..its not too comfortable. I am not sure if you took any classes, but here are a few excersises you can do to help the baby get into the right position. In som cases he/she was just not meant to be in the right position I guess, but it dosent hurt to try. the pelvic tilt and tailor sit will probably help alot.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_four-exercises-to-ease-aches-and-help-with-labor_1332762.bc