Saturday, May 2, 2009

Please pray with us

It is late on Saturday night and I am just sitting in the baby's room, praying and preparing my heart for this new phase in our lives. Tomorrow night, Sunday, Drew and I will head into the hospital where they will begin my induction process. LORD willing, we will have a baby sometime on Monday, May 4th. I just want to come to you and ask that you join us in praying for a safe and healthy delivery.

Throughout the latter half of my pregnancy God gave me a verse to be praying over this baby and over my own heart.
1 Samuel 1:27-28
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD."

There are so many unknowns and what ifs as we come into this new season...starting with whether or not the delivery will be safe and the baby will be healthy. I feel like the LORD is continually reminding me of this verse..."give him/her to Me, Drew and Stacy." We are so excited, so overwhelmed by God's goodness in keeping this baby safe for all these months, and so overjoyed at this baby joining our lives. Yet we want open hands to God's will for us; for how He wants to sanctify our lives through this baby.

Will you please pray that we would have hearts fully devoted to trusting the LORD? Thank you so much and we will keep you posted!
Love,
Drew and Stacy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update guys!!!! And yes I will keep you in my prayers!!!:)

Taryn said...

They asked about you are church today. I will be thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Sweet Stacy! (And Drew too!) We are praying for you guys and the next phase of life! We are really excited to walk through this new time in life with you through prayer and support!!! Now hurry up little Danger we are all waiting so eagerly to meet you!!! :) Love you guys!!!